Swan Avon Bed & Breakfast
Maureen & Hal Jones
117 Water Street
Stratford, Ontario, N5A 3C3
Phone: (519) 272-1342
Rates: from $190.00 to $190.00 / night
Rate Code: $$$
- We offer old-home charm and comfort within easy walking distance of theatres, restaurants, parks & shopping. Park and walk to Festival Theatre (8 mins); Tom Patterson Theatre (5 mins; Avon & Studio Theatres, & downtown (10 mins).
- Our second floor guest rooms have twin beds with top quality, imported linens, en-suite or private bath, hair dryers, shampoo etc., in-room fridge and TV, central air & ceiling fan and WiFi.
- Ideal for theatregoers who like to share rooms but prefer their own, luxurious beds.
- Delectable breakfasts (prepared by a Cordon Bleu trained hostess) are served in our formal, main-floor dining room. Special diets can be accommodated with some notice.
- Spacious, shady front verandah with wrought iron furniture looks down to the River Avon.
- We're easy to find: just look for the "geranium tree" on Water St. It's a neighbourhood landmark.
Rooms & Amenities
Our gracious, older home features antique furnishings, oriental rugs and objets d’art that reflect our interests and travels through five continents. It is walking distance to all theatres, most restaurants and shops. Both guest rooms are on the second floor and have twin beds. The Avon Room overlooks the back garden and has a bathroom en-suite. The Swan Room is a large, light-filled room and has a private bathroom three or four steps across the landing. Guests can relax in the main floor lounge or on the spacious and shaded front verandah. Complimentary WiFi is provided.
Maureen’s delicious breakfasts always include individual fresh fruit salads, freshly squeezed orange juice, a selection of yogurt and cheeses, freshly baked muffins or scones and a selection of breads and a different hot egg dish every day (Four-cheese and asparagus quiche; Creamed eggs in puff pastry; Herbed eggs encased in ham; Eggs Benedict etc.), freshly ground coffee or choice of tea. Special dietary needs can be accommodated with some advance notice.
The room rate is $190 per night. We do not add tax.
- We are pleased to provide a smoke-free and pet free environment.
- Minimum stay is two nights.
- Reservations are confirmed when we receive a deposit equal to the first night’s stay.
- Deposits are refundable (less $25 for processing) provided we receive at least 21 days prior notice.
- Check in is 3 pm. Check out time is 11 am.