The Caversham House
155 Cobourg Street
Stratford, Ontario, N5A 3E9
Phone: 519 271 7882
Rates: from $185.00 to $225.00 / night
Rate Code: $$$ - $$$$
SIMPLE PLEASURES ABOUND AT THE CAVERSHAM HOUSE!
Winner of Trip Advisors Certificate of Excellence 2014, 2015 and 2016
Special 2016 – 2017 Multi-Night Discounts in the winter and should seasons
The Caversham House Bed and Breakfast is a destination where you will experience the comfort of personalized service and the warm hospitality that attracts returning guests year after year. The beautifully, renovated, air-conditioned, home successfully combines last centuries ambiance with the key amenities guests desire. Three well appointed guest rooms, each with ensuite, are a pleaure for discerning guests. The sun filled, guest lounge and dining room are both comfortable and welcoming any time of the year. Guests may choose to relax on the spacious, front veranda or in the intimate garden, both provide additional spots to relax with friends new and old.
The classic red brick structure, built in 1906 by Charles Farquharsen, one of Stratford's leading citizens, is a fine example of Edwardian architecture. Many of the original architectural features have been carefully preserved. Situated on a quiet, tree lined street in the heart of Stratford, an easy walk to the four theatres, restaurants, and shopping. Open all year.
See our website for further details. www.thecavershamhouse.com
Rooms & Amenities
Room 1: The Sheridan appointed (at the front of the house) in french blue, features a queen size, iron, bed and three piece ensuite/shower (private), you will find this an inviting room at the end of your busy day.
- Room 2: Our Balmore room with its subtle French influences and luxurious queen size bed, along with ample lighting for reading, provides a restful environment. Private, three piece ensuite with shower.
- Room 3: The Henley,at the back of the house features private balcony, the garden view spills sunlight in the many windows. This room has a king bed and private, four piece ensuite with a bath/shower. Bed maybe converted to 2 twins for a nominal fee.
Back for 2016- 2017; Multi night stay discounts March 1 - June 17 & November 15 - December 31, 2017. Call for details 1-866-998-7882
Just two blocks from Lake Victoria and Stratfords picturesque parks. Your host Emily O'Connor invites you to discover the Simple Pleasures The Caversham House offers
- Children welcome, ages 8 and up. Special; bring the whole family packages suited for a multi generational Stratford stay.
- Reservations will not be considered firm until credit card information has been received.
- Deposit Requirement for one - three night; full price of first night stay including taxes
- Deposit Requirement for four or more nights; is equivalent two full nights
- Rates quoted in Canadian dollars
- Cash, Traveller Cheques, Visa, and MasterCard accepted
Member of Perth County Slow Food Convivium, Stratford Tourism Alliance, Stratford Festival, Friends of the Festival and Festival City Rotary and Stratford-Perth Branch ACO.
Consistenely rated in the top ten Stratford bed and breakfasts
We are passionate about food and are committed to serving fresh, in-season, farm to table fare, from local vendors and growers. You are invited to savour the morning meal, indulge, laugh and linger.
- A delicious breakfast greets you every morning at 8:30 A.M. Each day's full breakfast is made with fresh locally grown, in-season ingrediants such as eggs, cheese, and fruit. Plus, home baked tea-time treats.
- Special dietary needs will be accomadated. Please be sure to make arrangments prior to your arrival.
- For early-risers, the aroma of fresh, fragrant coffee (or a beverage of your choice) awaits after 7:30 A.M.
- You may enjoy the morning, with beverage of your choice, in the garden, sitting on the front porch or in the bright, spacious guest lounge.
- All rates quoted in Canadian dollars. Daily rates do no include the 13% HST (harmonized sales tax)
- Gift certificates available for all occasions; please call .
- Check-in 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Later, only by arrangment.
- Check-out 10:30 a.m.
- More than 21 days from date of arrival: Refund of deposit; less $50.00 processing/administration fee per room booked.
- Winthin 21 days of arrival: Your deposit will be returned, less processing/administration fee $50.00 per room booked; if we are able to rebook the room. If we can not rebook the room(s) the deposit is fortfeited.
- Within 7 days of arrival: Advance bookings. No refund of deposit for first night of cancellation.
- Winthin 7 days of arrival: Reservations made the week of arrival are final sale.
Lost and Found:
- Cables, charges and other electronic devices left behind will be returned to their owners at their cost. If paid by credit card the cost of the bank commision will be added to the transaction.
- We CAN NOTcommit to returning forgotten items in a timely manner given the time demands of the business during the theatre season.
- We can only provide parking for ONE vehicle per guest room. If parking for an additional vehicle is required special arrnagments must be made.