Butterfly B&B @ Monarchs on Avon
95 Sir Adam Beck Road
Stratford, Ontario, N5A 8B9
Phone: 519 589 8346
Rates: from $165.00 to $180.00 / night
Rate Code: $$$
Located in the city of Stratford, Ontario, a Recognized Canadian Bee City and also home of the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, this newly renovated bed and breakfast suite is located at a Monarch Waystation. This B&B and pollinator garden backs on to the T.J. Dolan Natural area that borders the Avon River. The garden is directly on a migratory route for song-birds, raptors and, of course, Monarch butterflies! It contains multiple nectaring plants that bloom from early spring until very late fall, providing food for pollinators and mature evergreen trees in which butterflies and birds may roost.
During the butterfly rearing season there are daily butterfly releases. B & B guests will be able to enjoy participating in watching the first flights of newly emerged butterflies!
Rooms & Amenities
BUTTERFLY B&B SUITE
sleeps 2-4 guests
large, open living area overlooking the garden
- sofa bed in the living area for additional guests
- free resident car parking
- free wifi access
- tea & coffee making facilities
- home gym available for use with a treadmill, elliptical trainer & a weight bench with free weights, available for use by request (located on the property, adjacent to the B&B suite).
THINGS TO ENJOY ON THE PROPERTY
-enjoy full access to the Monarchs on Avon pollinator garden
-butterfly rearing is actively underway from June to October
- pond seating area
- deck for relaxing and bird-watching
- lounging area for nature watching and star-gazing at night (Monarchs on Avon has lots of dark sky because of it's location adjacent to T.J. Dolan natural area)
- trellis and hummingbird feeders
- summer vegetable gardens and wild bee houses
- back gate with access to the walking trails and naturalized areas of the Avon River in T.J. Dolan Natural Area.
A light breakfast of organic fresh fruit and muffins provided, along with fair trade coffee, tea, organic milk and soda stream sparkling water. We compost, use as little plastic as possible and are gradually working towards being zero waste!
$180 for one night
$165 per additional night
4 guest maximum
1 canine companion may also register
Cash, Paypal or E-transfers are preferred methods of payment
Check-in 2:00 PM
Check-out 11:00 AM
the garden remains available for your enjoyment until 2:00 PM after check-out. Butterfly releases are generally late morning.
$80 deposit is required upon booking with $50 refundable with 10 days prior notice to cancel. The balance for your stay is due prior to arrival.